Designed by Petr Vichr, manufactured by Vichr a spol., former Czechoslovakia in the 1930's.
The chair is featured in the company’s original furniture catalogue under number 1242. It is a great example of the radical Bauhaus aesthetic. Simple, functional and as modern as when it was first designed, it perfectly represents the ethos of the avant-garde movement. What makes the design of this chair distinctive is the way the seat is supported by two horizontal tubular bars so that the design looks effortless with no visible screws. This system was registered as a Czechoslovak patent. The chair was completely restored including new chrome. Dimensions: w 56 cm, d 54 cm, h 84 cm.